5 steps to successful crisis communication
When in a crisis, more so than at any other times, communication is key. Here are 5 tips to do it right.
1. Know who you are talking to – who is the receiver of your message, what is their language, what to they want to hear?
2. Be concise and clear – no fluff, no double meanings, clear cut facts and instructions
3. Clarify the point of contact for questions through various channels - email, phone, messaging
4. Filter the information - find the most trustworthy resources
5. Do anything you can to keep calm and communicate this through your messages